Specialty Area: Clinical Research and Trials
Description of Specialty: Physicians who evaluate medicines prior to being approved for
therapy or new combinations of medicines to treat diseases.
Questions That Should Be Asked:
- What is a clinical trial?
- How do clinical trials get answers?
- What are the phases in clinical trials?
- Who determines the number of people to make a trial significant?
- Can I be assured that I will get treatment in a particular trial?
- Are there any risks associated with a trial?
- If something goes wrong, who is responsible for insuring that I get care?
- Will I need to pay for this?
- Can I drop out of the trial at anytime if I chose to do so?
- How can I find out who sponsors the trial?
- Who will best guide me as to the benefits or disadvantages of the trial?
- Who pays the cost for the trial?
- Is my personal physician involved?